Yugasa Software Labs Private Limited through its product Locatem and/or its affiliates (“Locatem,” “Yugasa” the “Company,” “we,” “us,” and “our,”) respect your privacy and is committed to protecting it through its compliance with its privacy policies. This policy describes:
the types of information that Locatem may collect from you when you access or use its websites and Mobile applications and other online services (collectively, referred as “Services”); and its practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to the information Locatem collects through its Services, in email, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with its Services.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that you provide to, or that is collected by, any third-party, such as merchants at which you shop and social networks that you use in connection with its Services. Locatem encourages you to consult directly with such third-parties about their privacy practices.
Yugasa Software Labs Private Limited, located at 1st Floor, Plot 83, Sector 44, Near Hotel Ramada, Gurugram – 122002, Haryana, India will be the controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with our Services.
This policy may change from time to time, your continued use of Locatem’s Services after it makes any change is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
The information we collect and how we use it
Yugasa Software Labs Private Limited through its product Locatem and/or its affiliates (“Locatem,” “Yugasa” the “Company,” “we,” “us,” and “our,”) collects several types of information from and about users of our Services, including:
Your Personal Information(“PI”) – Personal Information is the information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data, or from the data and other information that we have, or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
Information about your internet
connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and your
usage details. We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or automatically as you navigate through our Services.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Your account information:Your full name, email address, postal code, password and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender, mobile phone number and Recovery Question. Your profile picture that will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile.
- Your Wish for a merchant: We get to know your choice in case you express your interest in a particular merchant showing in Locatem-Bazaar section of the app.
- Your content: The information you provide through our Services, including your reviews, favorite merchant, wish, trills and other information in your account profile.
- Your searches and other activities: The search terms you have looked up and results you selected.
- Your browsing information:How long you used our Services and which features you used; the ads you clicked on.
- Your communications: Communications between you and other Locatem users, your contact request to Locatem Support team.
- Your transactional information: If you make a purchase at a merchant after getting your QR code scanned by that merchant using our Services, we may collect and store that information including (but not limited to) your phone number, address, email and billing information. This information may be shared with third-parties which assist in processing and fulfilling your requests, including PCI compliant payment gateway processors. ” If you write reviews about businesses with which you conduct transactions through our Services, we may publicly display information that you transacted with those businesses.
- We use the information you provide to us to enhance the functionality and improve the quality of our Services, and to personalize your experience while using our Services.
- Information about Your Local Messages (Trills): If you exchange messages with others through the Services, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and investigate possible violations of our Terms of Service and wrongdoing in connection with the Services.
- Location information: Our applicatios collect real-time information about the location of your device, as permitted by you.
- Mobile device IDs:Unique mobile device identifier (e.g. IDFA or other device IDs on Apple devices like the iPhone and iPad), if you’re using our Services on a mobile device, we may use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), instead of cookies, to recognize you.
- Mobile status: For mobile application users, the online or offline status of your application.
- Shopping Practices: If you use the Locatem application, Locatem may collect information about your shopping practices, your spend on any particular merchant, your cashback amount earned at any merchant, your overall spending at Locatem merchants using Locatem platform in any specific time and the category of the shopping you exercised.
Precise Location Information and How to Opt Out
When you use one of our location-enabled services (for example, when you access Services from a mobile device), we may collect and process information about your mobile device’s GPS location (including the latitude, longitude or altitude of your mobile device) and the time the location information is recorded to customize the Services with location-based information and features (for example, to inform you about Locatem merchants in your area for applicable promotions). Some of these services require your personal data for the feature to work and we may associate location data with your device ID and other information we hold about you. We keep this data for no longer than is reasonably necessary for providing services to you. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by disabling the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Process and respond to your queries: Understand our users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve the content and features of our Services (such as by personalizing content to your interests), process and complete your transactions, and make special offers.
- Administer our Services and diagnose technical problems:
Send you communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you by way of emails, or courier, or registered post, or telephone calls, or any other mode of communication. We may also share your preferences or the Services availed by you with your network followers on Locatem for marketing and other promotional activities of our Services.
- Send you questions from other users that you may be able to answer if you have registered with Locatem.
- Enable us to show you ads that are relevant to you.
- Generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, our user base and Service usage patterns.
- Provide you with customer support.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Notify you about changes to our Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent: We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’/service providers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
How we share the information we collect
- General Information Disclosures: To our subsidiaries and affiliates, which are entities under common ownership or control of our ultimate parent company Yugasa Software Labs Private Limited.
- To advertisers/service providers/merchants and other third-parties whom we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Locatem’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Locatem about the users of our Services are among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide your information to Locatem.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- Third party Service Providers: We may share your information with outside vendors that we use for a variety of purposes, such as to send you communications via emails, messages or tele-call to inform you about our products that may be of interest to you, push notifications to your mobile device on our behalf, provide voice recognition services to process your spoken queries and questions, help us analyze use of our Services, and process and collect payments. We also may use vendors for other projects, such as conducting surveys or organizing sweepstakes for us. We may share information about you with these vendors only to enable them to perform their services.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Locatem, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
- Consent: We may share your information in any other circumstances where we have your consent.
- Information Shared with merchants: We share information about your presence near any of our merchants without disclosing any of your personal information in order to facilitate you with ‘Trills’ from merchants providing you the additional information about offers running with them.
- Reviewing, changing or deleting information: If you would like to review, change or delete personal information we have collected from you, or permanently delete your account, please send us a request for the same through Contact Us link of the app.
- Accessing & correcting your personal information:We will take reasonable steps to accurately record the personal information that you provide to us and any subsequent updates.
- We encourage you to review, update and correct the personal information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete personal information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant for legitimate purposes, or are being processed in a way which infringes any applicable legal requirement.
- Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your personal information may be limited, subject to the law of your jurisdiction:
- If your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive,
- Where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon, or
- If the information or material you request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, or providing access to you would prejudice negotiations between us or an investigation of possible unlawful activity. Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your information is subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements.
Security: How we protect your information
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your information and to maintain data security. These safeguards take into account the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, 4 digit Pin Password, or other security information for your Locatem account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
The Services are not intended for users under the age of 18, unless permitted under applicable local laws (Permissible Age). We do not knowingly collect any personal information from users or market to or solicit information from anyone under the Permissible Age. If we become aware that a person submitting personal information is under the Permissible Age, we will delete the account and any related information as soon as possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a user under the Permissible Age, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.